In essence, the optical transceiver only completes the data conversion between different media, and can realize the connection between two switches or computers within 0-120Km, but the actual application has more expansion.
1. Realize the interconnection between switches.
2. Realize the interconnection between the switch and the computer.
3. Realize the interconnection between computers.
4. Transmission relay: When the actual transmission distance exceeds the nominal transmission distance of the transceiver, especially when the actual transmission distance exceeds 120Km, two transceivers are used to relay back-to-back or use light when the field conditions permit. The optical converter is a very cost-effective solution for relaying.
5. Single multimode conversion: When a single multimode fiber connection is required between networks, a single multimode converter can be used to connect, which solves the problem of single multimode fiber conversion.
6. Wavelength division multiplexing transmission: When the long-distance optical cable resources are insufficient, in order to improve the utilization rate of the optical cable and reduce the cost, the transceiver and the wavelength division multiplexer can be used together to allow two pieces of information to be transmitted on the same pair of optical fibers.
If you want to know more information, you can click this link.